Digital marketing benefits businesses of all sizes by allocating access to the mass market at an affordable price. Different from TV or print advertising, digital marketing gives room for truly personalized marketing. Digital marketing also comes with several challenges you should be aware of.
What then are the advantages of digital marketing:
The key advantage of digital marketing is that a targeted audience can be reached through cost-effective and measurable means. Also, it increasing brand loyalty and driving online sales are part of the advantages.
A few of the benefits of digital marketing include:
- Trackable, measurable results – measuring your online marketing with web analytics and other online metric tools makes it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising.
- Personalization – if your customer database is linked to your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted offers. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer profile and market effectively to them.
- Openness – by getting involved with social media and managing it carefully, you can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with.
- International reach – a website and some social media allow you to find new markets and trade internationally for only a small firm.
- Lower cost- a well-planned, targeted, and well-arranged digital marketing campaign can reach the customers regardless of their location at a very low cost without the local marketing method.
- Social currency- digital marketing allows one to use content marketing tactics. This will allows one to create video, images, and images which will be passed from user to user until it becomes viral.
- Improved exchanging rate- if you have a site for the business, it is just a click away for the customers to access your products, unlike other means which require people to stand up, make a phone call, go to the shop, and some other things.
Though as good as these advantages are good to look into, some disadvantages may arise in the course of the digital marketing process. A few of them are listed below:
- Time-consuming – tasks such as optimizing online advertising campaigns and creating marketing content can take up a lot of time. It’s important to measure your results to ensure a return on investment.
- High competition – while you can reach a global audience with digital marketing, you are also up against the global competition. It can be a challenge to stand out against competitors and to grab attention among the many messages aimed at consumers online.
- Complaints and feedback – any negative feedback or criticism of your brand is can be visible to your audience through social media and review websites. Carrying out effective customer service online can be challenging. Negative comments or failure to respond effectively can damage your brand reputation.
- Training and skill- you have to be sure that your staff is well equipped with the necessary knowledge and expertise to carry out digital marketing with success. Tools, platforms, and trends change very fast and you must keep up to date.
- Privacy issue and security- There are several laws to be considered when collecting the personal details of the customers, you need to take care to abide by the rules regarding privacy and data protection.